The Department of Civil Aviation has published new rules for air travelers following a new wave in daily cases Covid-19, including those due to Omicron variant.
In light of the new wave of daily coronavirus disease (Covid-19) infections, including those due to the Omicron variant, the Ministry of Civil Aviation has issued new guidelines for air passengers traveling to the nation’s capital.
“Beware of travelers! Traveling to Delhi? Check out the state’s latest quarantine guidelines. Take whatever steps are necessary and become a #COVID_Hero #TravelSafeTravelMindfully,” the ministry led by Jyotiraditya Scindia said on Twitter on Thursday.
Here are the rules that air travelers, on domestic flights or from abroad, must follow when landing at Indira Gandhi International Airport:
- Exit authorized after taking a sample.
- All passengers must be subject to thermal control after arrival.
- Those who have a connecting flight to catch should refer to their respective state of arrival guidelines.
Read also | Delhi bans Christmas and New Year’s gatherings as Omicron quarantine cases rise:
- Passengers who test positive should be quarantined for 10 days at home or at the Covid Care Center (CCC) / Community Health Center (CHC) / hospital.
- International arrivals can read detailed guidelines by clicking on the Official Airports Authority of India (AAI) website.
- Visitors must download the Aarogya Setu app.
- Foreign travelers should visit the link above.
- Destination airports / states are required to carry out thermal checks of leaflets upon arrival.